Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars

Continuing the week of Barefoot Contessa recipes, I tried the Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars.  Really,what's not to like about a bake PB & J!!!! These were super yummy.  Very dense peanut butter batter with a jelly layer to add some more sweetness.  The cookie batter almost didn't make it to the pan!!  I used strawberry jelly and some jam too because I never really know when to use jam, preserves or jelly.  I thought that I would just use a little of both and see how it turned out! I think that you could actually use a little more jelly in the recipe and definitely use the parchment paper.  Wherever the jam oozed over the paper, it stuck really hard to the pan.  My daughter really likes honey roasted peanuts so I sprinkled some unchopped over the top instead of the chopped salted peanuts that Ina used in her recipe!















Are these a good choice for tailgating?  Heck yea!  They are dense and firm so they would pack and travel well.  Everyone tends to love the peanut butter and jelly combo so it's got to be a crowd pleaser!

Come to mama!!


No comments:

Post a Comment