Monday, November 2, 2009

French Green Beans


I made French Green Beans as part of the Barefoot Bloggers "A Week of Barefoot Contessa Recipes".  I love, love, love green beans and was excited to have a new recipe with them as the star.  The recipe also uses one of my other very favorite things - roasted veggies!!  I liked that I could cook and blanch the beans and roast the veggies ahead of time.  Then when my family was actually ready to eat, I could just heat and serve.  I will admit a good amount of the green beans did get munched on while they were waiting on the counter to be reheated! It's quite possible that this could be on our Thanksgiving tailgate menu!  The beans and veggies could be cooked at home and then given a quick reheat in a pan on the grill.  Everyone would love them along with all the heavier Thanksgiving dishes!

 















Bright green after blanching!
















Love the flavor that developed in these roasted veggies!  I did use the whole peppers.  Why just use half like the recipe called for?  The more peppers the better!
















Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment