Thursday, November 12, 2009

Barefooting again!

Today, we, the Barefoot Bloggers, are supposed to blog about making the Barefoot Contessa's Creme Brulee, but you see I have my mother coming to visit on Sunday.  We both adore Creme Brulee, so I just have to wait until Sunday to make it for her.  I've never attempted it on my own, but have ordered it plenty of times in resturants.  The first time I had Creme Brulee was in Paris when I was about 25 years old.  We were in a small cafe on a rainy afternoon during Easter week.  I didn't think that the cafe was all that wonderful, but I had know idea how special simple French cooking could be!  Needless to say, I had never tasted anything quite like Creme Brulee before and even the sensation of cracking that amber shell of sugar on top melted my heart!  I've been in love ever since!  Come back on Sunday and I'll post how they turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment