Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Caramelized Butternut Squash

Oh my! Oh my! How I love butternut squash.  I know I shouldn't have such affection for a squash, but I do.  Now, the Barefoot Contessa loves to add all the rich stuff that just takes the simple to the sublime!  Her Caramelized Butternut Squash was so so good.  I offered it to a table full of teenagers and asked if they liked butternut squash.  Silence.  Then, they confessed that they had never had it before.  After tasting, one guy said that it was one of the best things he had ever tasted and that it tasted like Thanksgiving!  I made the recipe just as written this time but I think when I make it again I might reduce the amount of butter and sugar just a bit to make it a bit.  Not because it wasn't perfect they way Ina designed it but because my hips would be grateful!















I might just bring these beauties along on our Thanksgiving tailgate!  They would be so much easier to reheat on the grill than whipped sweet potatoes.  And besides don't you just love the name butternut squash!

1 comment:

  1. mmmm I really liked this too. What I did was I used a little butter and bacon fat to coat it. Not as much as Ina called for but it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete