Thursday, October 22, 2009

Blue Cheese Souffle – not recommended tailgate food :)


This is a blog for the Barefoot Bloggers and definitely not a dish I can translate for tailgating!!
Okay, I'm going to admit it. I didn't want to make the soufflé. I didn't think I liked soufflé (unless it involved a lot of chocolate!). I didn't think the blue cheese sounded good. I didn't think I had the right dish to make it in. I heard it was hard to do and I didn't know if I could make it work out.
Tonight, I was making dinner for my husband and my daughter who is home from college on fall break. We were grilling some salmon that my husband had caught in Alaska back in August. As a side dish, I was jumping ahead to one of the dishes on the "A Week of Barefoot Contessa Recipes" – French String Beans. THEN, I remembered that today was October 22nd and the Blue Cheese Soufle posting was due today! Oh dear, I had to face it but I was still looking for a way out.
But, I had the dish, had the cheese, had the time and so I gave it a shot. Guess what? It tasted really wonderful with the grilled salmon and Green Beans!! It wasn't hard to do and turned out really well. I think that having to do some recipes that I don't want to will really push me to try some new things! I asked my husband for a quote for the blog regarding the soufflé and he said, "It tastes good." Yep, that's it. That's all. He's a man of few words, but he ate a man-sized portion of soufflé! Can you say man-sized and soufflé in the same thought??
















Right out of the oven!
















Two minutes later!
















A few more minutes later!!

















"I'm shrinkinnngggg!!!" but I still taste great!

2 comments:

  1. From what I have read so far is that most people were not feeling the love with the souffle. I was no exception. But like you, I still made it and it wasn't bad. We had it with grilled shrimp and I think the souffle went great with it. I haven't been formally allowed to join the group, still waiting for a reply to my request. But I thought I would get into the swing of things and make this recipe. Glad I did and love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks friedgreentomatoes! I love your screenname :)

    ReplyDelete