Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Barefoot Bloggers and Chocolate Cake!

Recently, I joined a blog group called the Barefoot Bloggers, http://barefootbloggers.wordpress.com/, fans of the Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten. Every 2 weeks, we make and review a preselected recipe of Ina's. This week, we were to try Beatty's Chocolate Cake http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/beattys-chocolate-cake-recipe/index.html-recipe/index.html. Oh, what a chore - making deep dark dense chocolate cake with a light fluffy chocolate frosting with a hint of coffee!!!















Buttered and floured with parchment paper in the bottom of pan!





The batter looked very runny for a cake batter so I was a little worried, but Ina's recipes are usually perfect so I didn't worry too much!





















yummy, chocolatey goodness! Try taking a photo while pouring cake batter!

















A delicious duo ready for the oven!

















Ready to take to the tailgate! The layers came out of the pan completely level and had a lovely texture. The frosting was a little light for me, but held up in the heat of the afternoon! I like a thicker buttercream but this frosting was lovely.
*I used 9" pans because I didn't have two 8" pans and it worked just fine. However, I reduced the baking time by a few minutes.

1 comment:

  1. OH I forgot how even the cake baked! Welcome to the group, I've been sort of absent for a few months... so welcome! Can't wait to see what you cooked up!

    ReplyDelete